Thursday, April 5, 2012

Mac Book : Reset Mac Password – without a CD

Using a pretty nifty trick you can reset a forgotten Mac password without a Mac OS X installer CD/DVD. The steps may seem a little intimidating at first but I assure you it’s easy if you follow them exactly, here is exactly how to do this in three stages:

Stage 1) Boot into Single User Mode and remove a setup file
•Restart the Mac holding down the Command+S keys, this will take you into Single User Mode and it’s Terminal interface
•You’ll need to check the filesystem first:

fsck -fy
•Next, you must mount the root drive as writeable so that changes will save:

mount -uw /
•Now, type the following command exactly, followed by the enter key:

rm /var/db/.applesetupdone

•After removing the applesetupdone file, you need to reboot, type ‘reboot’ and hit enter

1 comment:

  1. Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles
    as long as I provide credit and sources back to your blog?
    My blog is in the very same area of interest as yours
    and my visitors would genuinely benefit from a lot of the information you
    present here. Please let me know if this okay with you.
    Thank you!

    Feel free to visit my site - original site

    ReplyDelete